PLANT PROTECTION FACULTY
History: The Faculty was founded in 1932. It was the first plant protection faculty in Ukraine
Structure: The faculty consist from four departments: Zoology and Entomology; Phytopathology; Botany and Plant Physiology; Ecology and Biotechnology.
There are two Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 30 Candidates of Science (PhD) and Associate Professors (Docents).
Education: The faculty conduct training in the following specialties: "Plant protection and quarantine", "Biotechnology and bioengineering" and "Biology" – Bachelor; "Plant Protection and quarantine" and "Ecology" – Master.
Science: The main research fields are:
- Mechanisms of induction of stress-protective system components in plants
- Comparative ecological approach in the study of population dynamics
- Problems of plant immunity to harmful organisms and the development of modern ecologically oriented systems of crop protection
- Problems of pest population dynamics
- Foliar plant nutrition
- Environmentally oriented system of protection of fruit plantations from pests
- The problem of long-term prediction of mass reproduction of harmful insects